« 1 of 8 »

Crown Royal came to us as a factory rolling chassis that Jesse purchased locally.  He had also purchased a donor Crown Vic for us to use the front subframe, engine, transmission, and whatever else we could.  We took it down to a bare frame with the cab mounted.  We installed the Vic front crossmember by increasing the thickness of the frame as well as sleeving and boxing it.  Once it was in we fabricated front sway bar mounts and installed the donor engine and transmission.  We also took the time to install new control arms, sway bar end links, and a set of coilovers from Ridetech.  This allowed us to not only run an adjustable damper up front but also fine time the ride height.  Now that the front suspension was done we swapped out the factory steering column for an Ididit unit.  This also allowed for us to build a simple steering intermediate shaft to connect to the new steering rack.  For the rear suspension we installed a parallel 4 link with a long track bar and a set of coilovers from Ridetech.  During the rear suspension work we had to repair some frame rail damage and add a crossmember at the very back.  This had to be done so that we could add a rear mounted fuel tank from a ’70 Mustang.  In that tank we mounted a drop in fuel pump assembly with a hydramat from Holley Performance.  The frame was painted and the bed was reinstalled.  A new brake booster and master cylinder went in and we made up all of the brake lines and added stainless brake hoses all around.  We bleed the brakes and ordered up an aluminum driveshaft.  This wrapped up stage 1 of Jesse’s F100 build.  Its back home now waiting for round 2!